-
August 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Don't these cabinets remind you of modified (or inspired by) 825/828's?
They're listed as being "Vintage Yamaha S5115HT Pro Speakers". Anybody know any more about them?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140256022463
-
August 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Indeed, the width and depth are spot on. The flare rate also looks to be extremely close.
-
August 11th, 2008, 10:28 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
I had only seen one other set of those, so "rare" may be correct for once.
The only Japanese I could find when I looked was a Google translation saying they were similar to the A-7 horn. The rest of the translation made little sense.
There was some traffic between Yamaha and Altec- input transformers for Yammy amps- the octal ones- are clearly labeled "Made in Usa" and I've been told are Peerless.
Somebody mentioned Yamaha building a pancake version of the large format Altec. Have never seen one.
-
August 12th, 2008, 01:03 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Somehow, that tweeter doesn't look like it could "keep up" with the horn loaded enclosure.
Maybe it's a tiny horn, too, but it doesn't look like it. Need a close up!
Richard C.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks